Forgetting a password isn’t a huge thing. It’s easy to believe that you’ve forgotten your password. However, you should be careful about your financial password. It means passwords you use for financial sources. If you don’t use a password manager to store your log-in information, then it’s also quite normal you forget your password.
When that happens, fall back on the PayPal feature that helps you reset PayPal password. Make sure if you can’t recover your old password with this feature but only change your password to a new one.
Here’s how to reset PayPal password:
1. First of all, open the PayPal sign-in page and make sure you don’t enter your username and password.
2. Now, click on the “Having trouble logging in?” link. Doing so will display a “Need help with your password?” page. Enter the email address that you use for PayPal and click next.
3. Now, PayPal gives you four options to confirm your identity.
Receive a Text on phone
Receive an Email Code
Answer security questions
Confirm your credit card number
4. Choose the method as suits you and you’ll be able to restore your account.
If you choose text, then PayPal will send you the six-digit code on your associated phone number.
If you choose email, then PayPal will send you the code or link on your associated email address.
If you choose Answer security questions, then PayPal will ask you few security question set by you in order to restore your account.
If you choose Confirm credit card number, then PayPal will ask your credit card number that associated with your PayPal account in order to restore your account.
5. When you choose to receive a text or receive an email, PayPal will send you the code and you need to enter this in the confirmation field that appears. Select Continue.
6. Now, use the form provided to create a new password and then confirm it again. When you’re done, click Save. Then, this time make sure to save your password somewhere secure so that you don’t lose it again.
You can also use the password manager that will save your password and will keep it safe.
Note: if you’re using multiple email accounts, pick the right one to get the verification code. If you forget your PayPal email, click the “Forgot your email?” link from the log-in screens. Remember, PayPal allows you to enter up to three email addresses while signing up. If you did so, then select next. Now, you will get a reset instruction on the email. Follow the instructions to restore your account.
Can I change my PayPal password on App
No, PayPal currently not allows you to change your password and security questions using the PayPal app. either you want to change PayPal password or security questions, you have to visit the PayPal Website to make changes in your PayPal account.
How to Change PayPal Security Questions
Here’s how to change PayPal security questions:
· First of all, visit PayPal website and log in to your account. Once you’re in, click “Settings>Security.”
· Now, find the “Security questions” option, and click “Revise” beside “Security questions.”
· Here, you can change the security questions as per your choice.